by Gab Abell
This recipe won't foam up like commercial shampoo. It might take a week or so to get used to. The saponins in the soapberries provide gentle cleansing. Add generously to hair & leave for 2-5 minutes before rinsing out.
2tbs dried nettle
2tbs dried rosemary
2tbs apple cider vinegar 2tbs flax seeds
1/4 cup aloe vera juice
2 cups filtered water
essential oils of choice (I used rosemary, geranium & lavender)
1. heat water, herbs, berries & flax. Bring to the boil & simmer for 20 minutes.
2. allow to cool. strain. whisk in rest of ingredients.
3. transfer to a container (one with a nozzle, squeeze bottle or pump recommended)
tips for healthy hair
Don't wash it everyday. Frequent washing disrupts the oil production & pH balance in hair- either leading it to be very oily or very dry. Too much washing can weigh hair down & changes the structure of the hair.
Try a shower filter- chlorine & fluoride don't make our hair happy
Stimulate the scalp by brushing it with a natural bristle comb.
herbs for healthy hair
nutrients for healthy hair
hair loss causes
change in season
low iron, B12, folate
essential fatty acid deficiency
& many more (talk to a qualified health practitioner)
hair mask with the anointing oil
1. gently warm oil over double boiler
2. apply to scalp & ends
3. wrap in a hot (not too hot!) towel
4. leave in for 1 hour - overnight
5. wash thoroughly