recipe: sleepy chai tea
by Gab Abell
Chai tea sans caffeine, a blend of herbs used traditionally to support the central nervous system, calm the mind & support a deep, restful sleep.
Makes one cup
prep 10 mins
- 2-3 heaped teaspoons of dried chamomile, passionflower, lavender & valerian root
- dash of water
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root, grated
- honey or alternative to sweeten
- bring dried herbs, ginger and water to a simmer & then turn off heat, cover saucepan and let steep for 5 minutes
- once tea has reached desirable strength, add the milk, spices & sweetener
- strain & enjoy
For an extra dreamy sleep- apply our sleep roll on, take a few deep breaths & enjoy.